Dell Venue is a new age tablet which gives more than average performance and excellent display quality. The tablet comes with 2GHz Intel Atom Dual Core processor, 8 Inch IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen, 5MP rear and 2MP front Camera, GPS, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 4100mAh battery, and it runs of Android 4.2 Jelly bean operating system upgraded to Kit Kat. It is a bit old tablet, but it still has a place in the market. Here we are going to discuss on Rooting Dell Venue tablet.
If you are using Dell Venue 8 and decided to root the tablet to exploit its capabilities or to install a custom OS, the tutorial is given below. Please note that these tools and processes was taken from some other website and have tried it in our Dell Venue 8 3830 model and has worked well. Please give credits to the original person who coded the script. Also please note that we are not responsible for any damages which might occur to your device during this process, please do it in your own risk.
Things to confirm before starting:
1) Make sure you have more than 60% battery charge.
2) Better to take a backup of important data.
3) Uninstall any Antivirus applications in your tablet as it might interfere with the process.
4) Enable Developer Options (by clicking the Settings > About > Build number several times)
5) Enable USB Debugging in the Developer Options.
Rooting Dell Venue – Tutorial:
1) Download the below file and unzip it and save it in a separate folder in your PC.
Dell Venue Rooting Kit
2) Connect Dell tablet to your PC.
3) Copy the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip into the SD Card of the tablet. If no SD card is been used, please get a temporary one and insert.
4) Open the folder IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR and click on the launcher.bat to start the application. A screen will appear with space to enter words. Enter “ACCEPT” in capital letters without quotes in it and the main screen will appear.
5) In the next screen make sure that the Device Status is ADB Online and Device Information is Dell Venue ——– Device (—– denotes some numbers)
If the Device status is showing “Unknown”, please check the Dell tablet whether any prompt message is waiting for your action. Click OK, the problem will be solved.
6) In the screen, below there will be a line “please make a selection or type quit or exit to close the tool kit:” Please type “T1” without quotes.
7) The device will now shut down and the installation process will start. The screen will go black and will come up with many lines of script working. Please do not interrupt the process, it may take 2 – 3 minutes for the whole process to complete.
8) A menu screen will show up, where you can move the selection by using the UP and DOWN volume buttons and select using the power button. Select the menu as mentioned below in the order as it shows up.
Install zip > Choose zip from external sd card > UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip > Yes – Install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
An Android logo will show up and installation starts and shows a message after a minute “Installation complete”
9) Go to the selection menu above and select “Reboot System now” > Yes – Fix root (/system/xbin/su)
10) Tablet restarts and shows “Android is upgrading…” and starts up.. Bingo!! Rooting is done.
11) Once the tablet starts up fully, Open the app Super SU > No thanks > Settings and verify all are showing properly without errors.
That’s it – Enjoy the full capabilities of Android and Dell tablet.